Chatt-Tape is a hypoallergenic adhesive tape made of very high-quality cotton. The ventilation in Chatt-Tape allows the skin to breathe, prevents moisture build-up, and helps to avoid rashes. The elasticity of the tape is designed to allow optimal fit on any part of the body without restriction in range of motion. A mild heat sensitive acrylic adhesive is used to prevent skin irritation and avoid unnecessary tension to the skin.
This non-medicated tape can be used on appropriate parts of the body to reduce internal disease and musculoskeletal diseases of the body, leading to a natural cure. It is a type of natural cure, by applying the tape on a contracting muscle, the blood circulation enhances. It is suggested that applying the tape on the skin in a specific way can alter recruitment and contraction of the muscle.1
After application, the taped skin will form convolutions when the skin and muscles return back to their normal position. When the skin gets lifted by this technique, the flow of blood and lymphatic fluid beneath are better evacuated.
Chatt-Tape is registered as a medical aid Class 1, it meets the strictest quality requirements, is safe to use and does not contain any latex.
The main functions of Chatt-Tape are:
- Supporting muscles 1
- Removing congestion to the flow of body fluids 3
- Correcting joint problems & improving proprioception 4,5,6
- Relieving musculoskeletal pain 1,2,3,4
- Improving skin structure
- Anandkumar S et al. Efficacy of Kinesio taping on isokinetic quadriceps torque in knee osteoarthritis: a double-blinded randomized controlled study. Physiother Theory Pract. 2014 Aug;30(6):375-83.
- Lim EC et al. Kinesio taping in musculoskeletal pain and disability that lasts for more than 4 weeks: is it time to peel off the tape and throw it out with the sweat? A systematic review with meta-analysis focused on pain and also methods of tape application. Br J Sports Med. 2015 Jan 16. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2014-094151. [Epub ahead of print]
- Homayouni K et al. COMPARISON BETWEEN KINESIO TAPING AND PHYSIOTHERAPY IN THE TREATMENT OF de QUERVAIN'S DISEASE. J. Musculoskelet. Res. 2013;16(4). DOI: 10.1142/S021895771350019X
- Cho HY et al. Kinesio taping improves pain, range of motion, and proprioception in older patients with knee osteoarthritis: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2015 Mar;94(3):192-200.
- Burfeind SM et al. Randomized Control Trial Investigating the Effects of Kinesiology Tape on Shoulder Proprioception. J Sport Rehabil. 2015 Jul 13. [Epub ahead of print].
- Hosp S et al. A pilot study of the effect of Kinesiology tape on knee proprioception after physical activity in healthy women. J Sci Med Sport. 2015 Nov;18(6):709-13.
Tape width: 5cm
Quantity: 1 box with 12 rolls
- Chatt-Tape (Brochure)
- Chatt-Tape IFU 13-5009
- Chatt-Tape Instructions for Use - English (13-5009 - Rev A 2015)
- Chatt-Tape Betriebsanweisung - Deutsch (13-5009 - Rev A 2015)
- Chatt-Tape Manual de Usario - Español (13-5009 - Rev A 2015)
- Chatt-Tape Manuel d'Utilisateur - Français (13-5009 - Rev A 2015)
- Chatt-Tape Manuale Utente - Italiano (13-5009 - Rev A 2015)
- Chatt-Tape Manual do usuário - Português (13-5009 - Rev A 2015)
- Chatt-Tape Användarhandledning - Svenska (13-5009 - Rev A 2015)