VitalStim Plus Electrotherapy and sEMG Biofeedback System
VitalStim Plus neuromuscular electrical stimulation helps recruit and re-educate muscles in the process of swallowing.
Under the guidance of a clinician, patients partner in an interactive therapy that aids muscle strengthening to rehabilitate swallowing.
Preset or customized programs allow the provider to truly customize treatments while biofeedback and visuals create a patient-focused experience that encourages engagement and achievement of goals.
The VitalStim Plus Electrotherapy and sEMG Biofeedback System projects live treatment progress onto a computer or tablet screen.
The Screen Mirroring technology allows clinicians to guide patients through personalized, targeted swallowing exercises. sEMG biofeedback helps to increase effort and duration of swallowing attempts and to improve coordination.
It also offers the potential for objective evaluation of swallowing function and patterns.
For VMS™ - VitalStim Waveforms and sEMG Triggered Stimulation.
- Muscle re-education by application of external stimulation to the muscles necessary for pharyngeal contraction.
Intended Uses- VMS™ Waveform
VMS waveform is a square symmetrical biphasic waveform with the application for use on the musculature of the face.
The intended uses are:
Optional application of sEMG biofeedback with Muscle Stimulation VMS™ waveform for prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy, for muscle re-education, and for relaxation of muscle spasms in the treatment of swallowing musculature dysfunction in post-traumatic conditions or after neurological insult with impaired neuromuscular function.
Intended Uses- VitalStim Waveform
VitalStim waveform is a square symmetrical biphasic waveform with interphase interval pulse with the application for use on the swallowing musculature in the anterior portion of the neck.
The intended uses are:
The VitalStim waveform intended uses are muscle re-education of the swallowing musculature in the treatment of dysphagia (swallowing problems) from any etiology except mechanical causes that would need surgical intervention (for instance, obstructing tumors). Non-mechanical causes of dysphagia include: neurological and muscle disorders; cardiovascular accidents; respiratory disorders with swallowing complications; latrogenic conditions (conditions caused by surgery); fibrosis/stenosis arising from radiation; disuse due to stroke, intubation, or birth-related anoxic injuries; and trauma to the head and neck. This device is a prescription device intended for use by or on the order of a physician or other licensed health professional.
Intended Uses- Surface EMG
sEMG is surface biofeedback for use on the swallowing musculature of the face and/or anterior portion of the neck.
The intended uses are:
The sEMG intended uses are surface electromyography biofeedback for relaxation training and muscle re-education.
- The VitalStim waveform is delivered in Co-Contraction Mode. Up to four separate channels deliver stimulation concurrently and pause at the same time.
- Customize your treatment protocol by adjusting the parameters of your choice, such as Phase Duration, Frequency, and Work and Rest Time. VMS treatment offers even more flexibility by allowing you to sequence the stimulation in the various channels to more closely match the natural swallowing sequence.
- Electrical signals in the muscle are measured and displayed on a screen and are amplified into sounds that the patient can hear. This feedback increases patient effort and participation and provides the data and documentation required to measure patient outcomes and quantify progress.
sEMG + Triggered Stim:
- The patient initiates the swallowing exercise with the assistance of sEMG biofeedback. When the set threshold is reached, VitalStim Plus will switch to stimulation mode to increase the effort and exercise load.
- VitalStim Plus includes videos that help demonstrate key therapeutic exercises, such as the Masako Exercise, the Mendelsohn Maneuver, the Supraglottic Maneuver, and various Electrode Placements Options.
- VitalStim Plus includes a Dysphagia image library of Anatomy, Pathology and Therapeutic Treatment options to assist in educating your patient.
- Screen mirroring technology projects your live treatment onto a computer or tablet screen. This allows you to guide therapeutic exercise activities and increase patient engagement.
- Vitalstim Plus Snap Lead Wires
- Vitalstim Plus Hand Switch
- Vitalstim Plus Reference Emg Lead Wire
- Vitalstim Plus Stand
- Vitalstim Plus Stylus
- Vitalstim Plus Rubber Sleeve
- VitalStim Catalogue
- VitalStim Plus QuickStart Guide
- VitalStim® Plus Instructions for Use - English (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus 用戶手冊 - 中文 (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Návod k obsluze - Čeština (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Betriebsanweisung - Deutsch (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Brugervejledning - Dansk (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Manual de Usario - Español (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Käyttöohjeet - Suomalainen (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Manuel d'Utilisateur - Français (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Εγχειρίδιο Χρήστη - Ελληνικά (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Manuale Utente - Italiano (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus 使用説明書 - 日本語 (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus 사용 설명서 - 사용 설명서 (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Gebruikershandleiding - Nederlands (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Bruksanvisning - Norsk (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Instrukcja obsługi - Polskie (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Manual do Usuário - Portuguese (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Руководство пользователя - Русский (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Bruksanvisning - Svenska (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)
- VitalStim® Plus Kullanici el Kitabi - Türk (13-0892 - Rev G 2020)